Sandy Beach NSW 2456
Blueberry and other local crop growers and other interested people: This field day is a fantastic opportunity for you to find out more about your soil and how you can manage it to get the best results for your crops. The day will include talks around:
- A 1.5m deep soil pit that has been dug onsite to show local soil properties
- The importance of knowing the physical, chemical and biological properties of your soil
- The importance of soil testing/analysis
- How to improve soil health on your farm
- A tour of on site project works addressing creek erosion and nutrient run off
We are very lucky to have members of the Soil Knowledge Network attending the field day. They are retired soil specialists who will share their expertise and knowledge.
This a great event for Blueberry growers, who may be decommissioning their current blueberry crops and replanting, to attend and learn about how to rejuvenate their soils between crops.
Speakers: Soil Knowledge Network members
Simon Proust, Soil Conservation Consultant
Shaun Morris, Local Land Services
Mel Craig, Coffs Harbour Regional Landcare