The NRCMA Small Grants Program will provide funding to assist landholders and the wider community to conserve and protect the natural environment and/or to improve the sustainability of farming and fishing entities and/or to build community capacity in NRM and/or to develop or update a NRM (Natural Resource Management) plan. This is part of implementing the NRCMA’s CAP2 priorities and targets as well as the Australian Government’s Caring for Our Country program and the New South Wales Government’s Catchment Action NSW targets.
Applications are being sought for projects and activities in the Northern Rivers CMA region. The following entities are welcome to apply:
– Farming and Fishing entities/enterprises
– Landcare Groups
– Dunecare groups
– Friends-of organisations
– Groups/organisations whose membership is predominantly made up of Indigenous
– Australians or people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
– Community volunteer groups such as Scouts, Lions Club, P&C
You can apply for projects for on ground NRM projects between the values of $2,000 and $10,000 (ex GST) and the development of individual property NRM Plans up to the value of $5,000 (ex GST).
What can you apply for?
1. On-ground works that will maintain or improve the condition of natural resources which include: soils, biodiversity, rivers, estuaries, wetlands, and coastal and marine environments. For example, but not limited to: strategic weed control, revegetation and corridor enhancement, installation of fencing and off-stream watering points to protect waterways, public access management to assist with coastline protection, installation of fencing to strategically manage pasture, erosion and soil health repair works, pest animal control, capacity building activities such as displays, field days, workshops; improved fire management, trial innovative fishing/farming practices to improve NRM, development of and/or engagement of Aboriginal enterprises to support working and improving country, promoting NRM activities and projects.
2. NRM Plans developed or updated to guide effective NRM on ground work programs. For example, but not limited to:
Site Action Plans, River Reach Plans, Property Management Plans, Structural Works Plan, Coastal Management Plans, Sustainable Grazing Management Plans.
All projects must be completed by 31 May 2014. Applications by email are preferred: email@example.com
Post: PO Box 594, GRAFTON NSW 2460